Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 25, 2024, 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: 2015 Salmon SlayRide Derby  (Read 17383 times)

kykfshr

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Since the SlayRide derby falls on Halloween this year, prizes and praise will be right after weigh-in closes so that folks have time to get home for tricks and treats. Also this year Prizes will be awarded based on their monetary value for the bigger ticket items (ex kayak, pfd's, paddle, etc.).  We are doing this so that people can bug out early if needed.  If you do leave early you will be responsible for arrangements to pick up your prize from me.  hopefully this will helps. 

I will be at the IGA store at 5:30 AM for people to last minute check in, turn in waivers and pay if needed.  Plenty of time to get on the water at first light. 

If someone needs a whistle we will give you one and I can help out with a flag for visibility if needed.  Waders are acceptable for immersion gear for the derby.

Scott

jamesmarsh

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
A buddy and I were out there this morning.  WINDY!! The forecast called for 4 mph winds and 10% chance of rain,  boy were they wrong.  The fish are there and people are catching them.  Including me  ;D However it was only on my reel in as we were getting ready to bug out.  There didn't seem to be any pattern to what was working as far as bait goes. 

We spoke to the owner of IGA and the manager.  They had NO clue that there was going to be an event this coming weekend.  She asked that the person in charge give her a call so she can coordinate with us for parking and stuff.  Her name is Geri.  The IGA # is 360-877-2066. She was mostly concerned with how many people were going to participate.  The parking that shows up on the google earth pic different now.  Only employees are allowed to park in the very back parking.
Will trade oral favors for fish.

jamesmarsh

• Perch
Here we are.  You can kinda see Dave behind me and to the left  :o

jamesmarsh

• Perch
My fish

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

That fish looks to be in real good shape jamesmarsh. How did it cut up (color wise) ???

You didn't mention what worked for you--- but that is okay. Chum can be very willing biters.

Oh. nice fish by the way...
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

jamesmarsh

• Perch

That fish looks to be in real good shape jamesmarsh. How did it cut up (color wise) ???

You didn't mention what worked for you--- but that is okay. Chum can be very willing biters.

Oh. nice fish by the way...

it was mostly pink.  imagine a pink salmon from the salt i guess.  I had hooked a couple on a jig.  but i think i snagged em.  then i lost the jig so i swapped to and anchovie under a bobber.
all the rest of the fish i saw were darker than mine.  i guess i just got lucky.

jsmccormick

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Wish I could do this tournament but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Never fished chum before. Catch some for me! Lol. Looking forward to seeing the pics! Hope you guys get into a bunch!

Jason
2016 2nd Place Brownlee Crappie Shootout
2015 7th Place Boniville Bass Bonanza

2015 Hobie Revolution 13
2015 Hobie Oasis

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Bunks in the dorm are still available at the Sunrise Motel...call ASAP 3608775301 and talk to Frank. Do 2 nights. Friday and Saturday...some of us are Prefishing on Friday and we might be taking out a few Vets as well.

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
I finally got around to signing up for the tournament.  I'm getting stoked to fish for Chum salmon, a first for me.  I was wondering if I need a tribal license? or will my WDFW fishing license with endorsements be good?   How far is the hatchery from Sunrise motel?  Do you have to launch off the docks at the motel or do they have a ramp/beach? 
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

jamesmarsh

• Perch
I finally got around to signing up for the tournament.  I'm getting stoked to fish for Chum salmon, a first for me.  I was wondering if I need a tribal license? or will my WDFW fishing license with endorsements be good?   How far is the hatchery from Sunrise motel?  Do you have to launch off the docks at the motel or do they have a ramp/beach?

Regular saltwater or combo fishing license is good.   The hatchery is not far.  I launched from the beach that is south of the hatchery.  If you look at google maps its pretty clear.  The hotel has extremely limited parking. 

jamesmarsh

• Perch
Something just came to mind.  There were nets out on Saturday.  Does anyone have the number or website to check when they are supposed to be netting?  That would be bad luck for us if they were out on the day of the event. :'( :'( :'(

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
They'll be netting, but it won't affect this flossery much. I did get a few good biters on the fly today. Didn't intend to keep any, but these two wouldn't revive.

[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

jamesmarsh

• Perch
Just looked at the forcast....I hope its wrong. >:( :(

Cloudy with occasional rain showers.  High 56F.  Winds SSW at 10 to 15mph.  Chance of rain 60%.

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Sunrise Motel still has a bunch of bunks available in the Dorm, really inexpensive if you want to come down Friday to PreFish and hang out. It has showers and bathrooms for use. We will be using the big kitchen and dining area of the Dorm for the Awards if it's too rainy outside.

They also have 2 or 3 room left if you want to bring your family or share with others.

Call Uncle Frank at the Sunrise Motel ASAP and make your reservations. 360-877-5301