Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 25, 2024, 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: It's Thirsty Thursday season at Next Adventure!  (Read 6472 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Bump! Come on down and hang out tonight!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
These events are a great way to see people - I'll be there, hope lots of people show up.

See you there!

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Crud I missed it. Hope you had a good one peeps.
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Thanks for coming down and hanging out everyone! We had a decent turnout, about a dozen people. Next one will be on the 25th of Feb and I will be talking about electrical rigging and electronics for kayaks. Hope to see you then!

2011 Angler Of The Year
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
As mentioned on another thread, my next Thirsty Thursday clinic is going to be on electrical stuff!  I'm going to cover basic electrical terminology and theory but probably spend most of the time talking about rigging and operating a depth-finder. I'll likely talk about batteries a bit too.  Hope to see you there!

And since Spot mentioned his West Side Springer Clinic at Hoggs, I'll throw out a reminder that my final Thirsty Thursday clinic will be on springers as well.  So if you can't make it to his, or you just feel like you need to listen to both of us, or you just feel like hanging out and heckling me, mark it on your calendar for the 24th of March! This will also be the kick off for a springer derby Next Adventure will be doing.  More info on that soon!

2011 Angler Of The Year

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
uhh, like I don't really see where your like sponsored by any fishinder type makers. Um, like what makes you really qualified to speak on electrical stuff? (no-look alleyoop lob for dunk)

Show us your slide rule!
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
uhh, like I don't really see where your like sponsored by any fishinder type makers. Um, like what makes you really qualified to speak on electrical stuff? (no-look alleyoop lob for dunk)

Show us your slide rule!

Ha! Right, qualifications. Well then. I worked at OEX in San Diego for a couple of years as an installation tech for kayak fishing systems, such as depth finders and internal live wells.  Completed my B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 2013 from Portland State and my M.S. in Engineering of Power Systems in 2014, also from Portland State.  Currently working as an Electrical Engineer for Bonneville Power Administration.  I also spend time tinkering with embedded system projects, like arduino based stuff.  But this would all be pretty useless if I can't share my knowledge with others and help them trick out their kayaks. ;D 

Btw, fellow tinker-nut INSAYN has volunteered to bring in some stuff and help me explain some things.  There should be plenty of info to fill an evening. Hope to see lots of you there!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:28:27 PM by rawkfish »

2011 Angler Of The Year

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
So if you can't make it to his, or you just feel like you need to listen to both of us, or you just feel like hanging out and heckling me, mark it on your calendar for the 24th of March! This will also be the kick off for a springer derby Next Adventure will be doing.  More info on that soon!
Highly recommended. These clinics are a lot of fun & this comes at a crucial time in our spring run! I'll be heading out that Friday & Saturday to apply some of that intel if anyone wants to join.
Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Ha! Right, qualifications. Well then. I worked at OEX in San Diego for a couple of years as an installation tech for kayak fishing systems, such as depth finders and internal live wells.  Completed my B.S. in Electrical Engineering in 2013 from Portland State and my M.S. in Engineering of Power Systems in 2014, also from Portland State.  Currently working as an Electrical Engineer for Bonneville Power Administration.  I also spend time tinkering with embedded system projects, like arduino based stuff.  But this would all be pretty useless if I can't share my knowledge with others and help them trick out their kayaks. ;D 

Btw, fellow tinker-nut INSAYN has volunteered to bring in some stuff and help me explain some things.  There should be plenty of info to fill an evening. Hope to see lots of you there!

And even if your Curriculum vitae were not this long, you were the one who stepped-up when we asked for a clinic on fish-finders.  Good on you.
Everything will be all right in the end, so if it's not all right, then it's not yet the end.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Just a quick reminder, I'm giving this FREE clinic tonight at Next Adventure! Hopworks beverages will be there! Don't let them get lonely! ;D

I'll also be talking about this amazing little guy! What is it? Come down and find out!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:12:00 AM by rawkfish »

2011 Angler Of The Year

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
for all those that can easily make it to these clinics I hate u! and I hate u for having these on a date I can`t make it or would be difficult to do. u suck!

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
So Jeff, is that the 18650 or the 16380?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com

This is an NCR18650B made by Panasonic in Japan. One cell is 3.7 volts and 3200 mAh. The cool part: each cell is only 46 grams.  Pretty sweet!

2011 Angler Of The Year

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Thanks to all that braved the traffic and hung out last night!

2011 Angler Of The Year

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

This is an NCR18650B made by Panasonic in Japan. One cell is 3.7 volts and 3200 mAh. The cool part: each cell is only 46 grams.  Pretty sweet!

Kind of thought that's what it was. I suspect I know,which way you're headed with it. Would be an interesting build out, but wondering if there would be issues attempting to charge a linked group of them. Maybe search the Rain Forest and River site for pre linked groups of them? Might be faster and safer..
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

anything