Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 25, 2024, 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: 2016 KBKF Ice Breaker Tournament  (Read 5870 times)

Murrica

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
We have also picked up Bass Whispering Lures who makes custom crank baits.  Sorry I forgot I had this posted here.
Team Alpenglow Mountainsport
Hobie Fishing Team

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
I'm planning on making it to this tournament.  I think I fished there in 1993 when we lived in Boise.  I can't remember much about it though, guess I'm going to have to wing it.  I need to figure out how I'm going to get an Idaho license.  I can't wait to get fishing, and hopefully see Kyle getting crazy on his Hobie.
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
Forgot to ask if you can register the morning of the tournament?
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Awesome mike!! Yes you can register the morning of. There will be some of us camping there at the cottonwood campground the night before also.

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
We'll be rolling in Saturday afternoon, hopefully with time to fish.  Will we need reservations at the campground this time of the year? 
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
Sweet, I don't think so, there was a few people there this last weekend but no camp host, and I believe it's first come first serve kind a thing. Pretty big campround though shouldn't be any trouble.
 I will be in my Toyota FJ cruiser same as you seen before, I will be tenting it. I will also have a pop up but cant promise a banner or anything, my banner guy kinda dropped the ball, that guys being me, with only a week probly wont have it done. But we won't be hard to miss I can assure you that!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:34:17 PM by smilinkayaker »

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Hey guys it looks like I should be able to make it down to this tournament! Cant wait to get on the water and see if I can pick up a nice pre-spawn smallie.

Tricity Kayak Anglers (TCKA) - Director

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team

1st  Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional May / Bass
2nd Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional April / Ba

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
Oh boy oh boy, we are really close to a tournament day out here in idaho! And I am super stoked on the amount of anglers already coming! 
 For a quick update there will be a raffle after the event, the tickets will be 3 for $10, 6 for $20, or $5 each.  We have a pile of stuff to give away, including a couple rod combos, as well as all the fishing gear! We will have a quick meeting before everyone launches and hopefully we all have a blast.
 I will be bringing a propane griddle so we can cook up some of the fish afterwards.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Thanks for putting this together guys, I had a blast at the tourney today even if I could not catch a bass to save my life. Thanks Smiley for showing me how to target perch at CJ, I'll be back for the rest.

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
Well it was a great event!!! Jeremy aka murrica and I were super stoked to see the turnout!! We had 21 anglers show up for the fun and beautiful day. Fishing proved to be a little tricky but the calm sunny day made up for it!
 There were quite a few perch caught, the smallies didn't cooperate like we had hoped but that's fishn. So the only pic my dam phone would upload is this one of the top 3 in the bass category, from right to left Jordan Parker from tri-cities was the winner with and Jordan also won biggest bass! In the middle, with a second again is smokyangler, and the far left with 3rd place is Steve Carroll an idaho resident.
  The other three categories were for longest rainbow trout, yellow perch, and crappie.
 Longest trout= Tom Monahan 14.25
 Longest yellow perch= Will rice 11.00
 Longest crappie= Jed Rivera  12.00

The side pots were biggest bass and most combined weight (excluding bass)
 Biggest bass= Jordan Parker 16.50
 Most combined weight= Jed Rivera  and I don't know what the final weight was but there was No point jed beat us all with a pretty good stringer of nice perch and that slab of a crappie!
 I do wanna say thanks to those that came out and a super big thanks to Mike, Jed and Jordan for driving all the way out to fish with us!! And me and the rest of the idaho crew can't wait to get out to oregon for the Tillamook event!!!

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
Oh of coarse now it loaded another pic....well just for at least one bragging right, this is what happens when the director doesn't enter...my what would have been the winning yellow perch, and would have won me $105.00! 11.25 and winning perch for the day was 11 even. ;) it was someone else's turn...hehe

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
Only about half the anglers

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
Thanks Kyle and crew for putting this tournament together.  I had a good time and can"t wait to fish at the next one you put together.
 It was nice to meet and fish with the Idaho boys.  The weather couldn"t have been better for this time of the year.
It'll be fun to fish with you again in Oregon.  It sounds like you'll bring a crew with you.  Can't wait!
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Thanks to all the Idaho guys for letting us fish this tournament with ya'll. I really appreciate the opportunity to meet like minded people, and fish with great company. Thanks to Kick'n bass kayak fishing and Alpenglow for putting on this event, and spreading the joy of kayak fishing. Hope to see all the guys we have fished with at other events, and look forward to fishing with you guys again!

Tricity Kayak Anglers (TCKA) - Director

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team

1st  Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional May / Bass
2nd Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional April / Ba

Murrica

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
It was a great event and hope to see you guys at future events.  We have the next one planned for June 26th as long as all of the permits clear. 
Team Alpenglow Mountainsport
Hobie Fishing Team

anything