Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 25, 2024, 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Lower Columbia Kayak Anglers: Cold Koke Kayak Social (CANCELLED!)  (Read 6346 times)

uplandsandpiper

Ring in the New Year and burn off your hangover with cold koke action at Lake Merwin! Fishing for kokanee at Lake Merwin on New Year's day has become something of a tradition for myself and other die hard kokanee anglers. You won't find better tasting salmon anywhere else in the area on January first so come out, do a few lines (of trolling), maybe catch some dinner, and enjoy beautiful Lake Merwin with friends.

We will meet a Speelyai Bay at 7 AM (the gate doesn't open until 7 AM so no need to be early). We will fish until 2 PM and then head down to Woodland for some beer and burgers.

You don't an endorsement for kokanee nor are there any launch fees so a single day license will suffice for those out of state anglers.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:44:59 PM by uplandsandpiper »

NeverTooOld

• Herring
  • Practice makes real.
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I'm looking forward to this!!
Practice makes real!

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
The tastiest fish around, those are some reall chubbies! Too bad that's my anniversary. Maybe I'll hit it on the 2nd or try to get up there beforehand.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
What gear is needed for this fishery? 
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Finally one that could fit the schedule! Well likely anyhow... Hope to see you all there!
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

uplandsandpiper

What gear is needed for this fishery?

This should explain a lot of the gear and techniques. If you have any questions after watching the video let me know.

tknight

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
I am in! I have wanted to try this for quite awhile and it would be great to meet more members of the group!

tknight

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Is this trip still on? Just checking, I am looking forward to it!

uplandsandpiper

I was up at Merwin last week. Still pretty muddy but looks like we might be drying out this next. It is still on for now. I'll run up there after Christmas to see how the water looks. Should clear fast with cold and clear conditions.

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Can someone check how early that store in Woodland opens New Year's Day? I'll need a day license.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
Can someone check how early that store in Woodland opens New Year's Day? I'll need a day license.

I'm with you Kyle.  I am trying to figure out the timing also.  Do they start selling the 2016 license early?  Can I pick up my license before Friday?  If not it will be a late start for me on Friday...
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

I'm with you Kyle.  I am trying to figure out the timing also.  Do they start selling the 2016 license early?  Can I pick up my license before Friday?  If not it will be a late start for me on Friday...
Grab a one day license at the fisherman's in delta park. It can be future dated.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon

Grab a one day license at the fisherman's in delta park. It can be future dated.

Excellent!  Thanks Noah
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
If you plan to get a season Oregon or Washington license you can get your 2016 license now. Many folks get their next years fishing licenses for Christmas.  Don't forget to get the Big C endorsement.

Time to go to Bi-Mart.  8)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:34:34 AM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

If you plan to get a season Oregon or Washington license you can get your 2016 license now. Many folks get their next years fishing licenses for Christmas.  Don't forget to get the Big C endorsement.

Time to go to Bi-Mart.  8)
I do love me a trip to bi-mart!

91.75 this year, before the invasive species permit. Which if you get from REI you can get it without the additional mark up and can even get one that's valid for two years. They're also a much more durable permit you can stick in your kayak.

anything