Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 25, 2024, 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: PNW Sportsman's Show!!  (Read 2750 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sportsman's Show is this week!!

I thought I'd get a thread going. Feel free to use this to talk about deals you know of that will be going on or when you plan to go and hang out.

I'll kick it off with some Next Adventure info.  Next is offering 10% back in store credit with the purchase of any kayak! This is a perfect way to get setup for the year if you're looking to buy a new boat.  Next Adventure will also have a HUGE booth this year!  They are taking Bi-Marts old space so there will be lots of merchandise from both the Paddle Sports Center and the main store.  They will have kayak fishing accessories, camping stuff and lots more.

I'll be hanging out at both the Next Adventure and the Daiwa Fishing booths Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday so come by and say Hi!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

• Date Registered: Aug 2013
Wicked Edge booth 1055 free knife sharpening.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I'll be at the HOW booth Friday 1-3 and at the show early and for a while after my shift. If anyone wants to register for the TBMD2 or order hats/ shirts I will have forms with me cash/ check/ money orders.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Next Adventures booth should be pretty sweet this year.  I can't wait to see it.  I will be there Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and all day Saturday. 
Here is the floor plan for the show.

http://www.thesportshows.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PNWS2016-floorplan.pdf

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
That looks like a sweet location for the NA booth!  Looking forward to checking it out...

For those interested, Fisherman's has their annual Sportsmen's Show Sale going through the 21st.  Here's their flyer:
http://www.fishermans-marine.com/media/wysiwyg/2016-01-SportsmansFlyer-4a.pdf-2.pdf

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
I'm not going to make it at all this year.  Nate, Jeff, you guys won't need your helmets this year!

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I'm not going to make it at all this year.  Nate, Jeff, you guys won't need your helmets this year!

Ha-ha! That was fun!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'll be at the Daiwa booth all day Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.  Stop by and say "Hi" if you're wandering thru.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Friday and Saturday I'll be talking kokanee (and kayaking for those interested) at the KokaneeKid Fishing booth 133-135 Exhibit hall A, across from Fisherman's. 

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Oh, is this the post where we tell everybody how cool we are to be sitting at a booth at the Sportsman's Show?

Well, in that case.... I'll be at the Next Adventure booth all day Friday and Saturday.  :)
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

yaktastic

• A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Friday and Saturday I'll be talking kokanee (and kayaking for those interested) at the KokaneeKid Fishing booth 133-135 Exhibit hall A, across from Fisherman's.

I talked to him for about 20 min today.what a guy.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
So,  how did the show go for everyone?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

• Date Registered: Jan 2015
So,  how did the show go for everyone?

Open to close all days plus 2 days of set up and a long night of breakdown.  My feet hurt but was a great show!

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
HOW booth was awesome. We always connect with a lot of Veterans and First Responders. We get all kinds of interesting offers from all kinds of folks to evaluate and try and get them to mesh with the schedule of events and fundraisers. Seeing faces of friends old and new is always great.

I like BSteves idea of making a "who's who?" bingo card for next year! Print it out before the show and see if you can bump into the right combination of kayak fishing nerds to win some prizes.

The show management and site mangers always do an awesome job. That shit is like refereeing a basketball game. If you are good at your job nobody notices you. The lines can be long, but they move. The bathrooms are always clean. People are friendly and helpful. The devil is in the details and O'Loughlin Trade Shows runs a tight ship.

I bought another McKay "No Escape" 3 door crab pot (the best soaker you can buy). Englund brought some great close-out deals this year, I scored a few heavy weight hoodies to keep the shivers at bay whilst cutting my fishes in the evening sea breeze.

I'm still a little bit hoarse, but it was a great show this year.
"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy