Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 04:26:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Anybody know where to get this camera  (Read 4876 times)

yessnoo

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
ok this isn't really a product review so i am putting it here...

I want the new pentax optio W60...does anybody know a retail store i can get it from...i am in sc but im hoping somebody might know a chain i can get it from...otherwise i will just order it...i just wanted it before wednesday

i checked best buy, circuit city, walmart (they have it on the websited same with sams), and ritz cameras...anybody know where i can find one at a chain?

kinda wanted it before i go down to the beach to meet with yakonthefly :)
2008 Hobie Mirage Revolution Fish

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
well, i looked at; www.kitscamera.com they might have it, tho the search results were a bit fuzzy.

then i looked at; http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pentax+optio+w60&x=0&y=0

sorry cant be much more help.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

yessnoo

• Lingcod
ya for watever reason the camera shops around here don't seem to carry it and there doesn't seem to be a big following on the internet either...im scared to buy it from some of the cheap internet camera stores because i had a really bad experience last time i tried that...didn't end up getting a camera from them...also reported them to the better business bureau

amazon would probably be ok but i was just hoping to find a place to see it in person and buy it before wednesday

oh well i will probably just order it

boxofrain

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2006
 I got my optio W30 from ritz camera online
heck them as well
 best damn camera I have ever owned for simple use and no moving parts.
 I rate my optio at a 10+ for an outdoor Yak camera
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
hey, ain't nothing like having it in your hands to check it out.. so i can understand where you're coming from..
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
There are a lot of bad online camera scam shops out there.  That said, Amazon.com, Adorama Camera (adormama.com), and Abe's of Maine (abesofmaine.com) are all reputable online camera shops and they all carry this camera.

The PR rep from Adorama Camera even bothered to post here a few times after their name came up.  They seem to go the extra mile to prove their worth.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
The PR rep from Adorama Camera even bothered to post here a few times after their name came up.  They seem to go the extra mile to prove their worth.
Brian

yeah, i remember her!  we were all surprised when she showed up and posted. talk about going the extra mile, i believe she even offered site memebers some extra something or other.. for sure she was extremely interested in our opinions and comment on their customer satisfaction.  any of you admins care to research and bring her old post forward?

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Here's the original post about digital cameras where Helen Oster from Adorama Camera chimed in.

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=1546.0

She didn't really offer us anything anything special other than her e-mail address to contact her directly if we had any questions/comments etc..
 helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Brian

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
We got ours from Amazon. They were down to about $260 the last time I looked. Great camera! We also got an extra battery from Adorama, good folks to deal with.

In fact, the battery that came with the camera didn't seem to be up to par, and when I complained to Amazon, they gave me credit at Adorama for another battery. So now I have 3 batteries, which you need if you plan to take lots of video. 

Dave
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Dave, I did the camera from Amazon, extra battery from Adorama bit as well.  BTW, I believe the W60's are down to about $230 these days.

Brian

HelenOster

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Here's the original post about digital cameras where Helen Oster from Adorama Camera chimed in.

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=1546.0

She didn't really offer us anything anything special other than her e-mail address to contact her directly if we had any questions/comments etc..
 helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Brian

That's prety special - no??! Not every girl gives you her mail address just like that!

Seriously, if you check our feedback at http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama you will see that while our current lifetime rating is only 8.3, over the past 6 months this has climbed to 9.13, reflecting the recent additional investment in customer care and service delivery.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

yessnoo

• Lingcod
well i didn't check back here before i ordered it...i should have...but i ended up ordering it from B & H photo...i checked ratings on several websites and i couldn't find anything bad...i have gotten scammed before on trying to order a camera...this one seems to be legit...if i woulda checked the post about an hour earlier i woulda just ordered it from adorama...
231.98...238.10 with 2 day shipping

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
FWIW ... I've ordered equipment from both B&H and Adorama and have had no issues with either.

-Allen

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
B&H are also good people to deal with. You also might want to check into getting the silicone skin for the camera. It's about $15, and really improves the camera's slip resistance. We also got a floating camera strap that was made for Olympus, but it also works fine for the Pentax. As for memory, I would suggest getting one of the SDHC cards. You can get up to 32 gigs. We got a 16 gig Kingston at Best Buy for $49. They are even cheaper now. By the way, the HD video that the camera takes is actually really good, even at 15 fps.

Here's a photo I took with the W60 on Woahink lake a couple of weeks ago while perch fishing.

Dave
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
brian, thanx for diggin that old post up for us....i guess i gilded a lilly a bit there..

helen, welcome back.. when do we get the pleasure of having you fish with us?

anything