Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 04:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:26:02 AM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM]

[June 24, 2024, 01:01:07 PM]

[June 21, 2024, 11:43:01 PM]

[June 20, 2024, 05:54:41 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 12:17:27 PM]

[June 18, 2024, 06:26:16 AM]

[June 17, 2024, 11:39:39 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 08:15:37 AM]

by jed
[June 12, 2024, 01:01:01 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 11:17:34 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 07:16:15 PM]

[June 10, 2024, 12:39:16 PM]

[June 08, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

by Spot
[June 07, 2024, 11:10:55 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Rockfish on the fly with Drifter2007

Topic: Oregon Rockfish Classic 2010  (Read 9174 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Any chance we could start working out details regarding the 2010 Rock fish classic?  

Based on last years el'switchoroo of the venue location due to Mother Nature's desire to froth up Depoe Bay, I would venture to guess that it would be wise to solidify a safe backup location at the same time that we lock into where the main event will be held.  

So, can we go ahead and work on filling in the blanks early so that any reservations that need to be made can be done well in advance?   I'm not suggesting that we get it all whipped out in the next month, but at least make a conscious effort early in the year to avoid major issues. :-\
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:32:47 PM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
The Oregon Rockfish Classic 2010

Primary location:
Date:
Times:
Launching from:
Format:
Weigh in details:

"If the ocean is angry" backup location:
Times:
Launching from:
Format:
Weigh in details:

Headquarters:
Entry Fee:
Fee pay in deadline:

Prizes:
First:    
Second:
Third:    

Raffle location:
Raffle time:
Raffle prizes:

Potluck location:
Potluck time:
Potluck needs (bbq, tables, deep fryer, LP tanks, etc.):

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:29:08 PM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
Along this line of thought...

What are the chances of having a less formal event or two this spring/summer in addition to the Classic? Maybe just money between friends or a single prize etc.  A little more organized than just a "meet up" but not all the bells and whistles as the big tourney.  I would be happy to help organize etc. something in the north coast area if we get some folks interested in the idea.  Can you tell I'm itching to get out on the salt ;D

EOB

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I think Insayn is on to something some advance planning sounds good, and would probably lead to a few more participants

PP set something up and you can count me in.  Somebody got a new drysuit from Santa and it's begging for some saltwater.  My goal this year is more time on the ocean less time thinking about how far the drive is.  If there is any way I can help you let me know.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Sound like we have some volunteers for the 2010 NWKA Social Committee.   :occasion14:

-Allen

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Where do we want to have it this year?  Cape Kiwanda, Depoe Bay, Beverly Beach, or anywhere on the Oregon Coast as long as the angler makes check in time at a given location?

If we are able to get Cape Kiwanda as the location of choice, and early enough... maybe we could get gobs of sites reserved early enough at Webb County park to give everyone a chance to camp together.  There is also Cape Lookout SP north of there about 14 miles that has a nice campground that is easy enough to drive to and from to play.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
 :blob1:  :toothy10: Cape Kiwanda!!! :toothy10:  :blob1:

I realize we need to try and pick a location that's somewhat centralized, but that's my vote. I'd also be pumped for Depoe Bay if it was able to work out this year. I really like Beverly Beach CG. 

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

holtfisher

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Hi all, being a WA resident, have become confused  ;D, (scratch that, my bride and kids testify to my always being confused ::) as to what the various OR licensing costs are for me and my yak. Just trying to estimate $.
Thanks, holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

EOB

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
annual nonresident license $106.25 need to also buy a harvest card for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon, and halibut with this

16.75 1 day
31.50 2 day
46.75 3 day
58.00 5 day
59.75 7 day
With these the harvest card is included

Man they are proud of those huh?  :sex:

holtfisher

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
annual nonresident license $106.25 need to also buy a harvest card for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon, and halibut with this

16.75 1 day
31.50 2 day
46.75 3 day
58.00 5 day
59.75 7 day
With these the harvest card is included

Is there a kayak registration to get it on the water in OR?

Man they are proud of those huh?  :sex:
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
what's the next bay/cove north of Kiwanda? the one you see at the intersection at the top of the hill leaving pacific city where you can turn right into a state park? how hard would it be to fish there?? that looks like prime fishing structure, but i dunno bout surge/surf/peddling/paddling conditions, cause every time i been there, it looked like the place was getting pounded.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
I want my Washington Kayak Fishing Classic!!!!

-Allen

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
at risk of wrath from our founder... ;D  >:D i had already sent this out via PM when Allen made his point to the Washington guys,.

what about these places
« Sent to:  Today at 02:44:06 PM »

i had been looking at the oregon coastal map for alternatives to pacific city, and had come up with two i found on this map;

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/npac_tmap.html

the first is arcadia beach state park, the 2nd is just a bit north of there, John Yeon State Park...

these are just suggestions of a chronic web surfer who wants to help but doesnt know the ins and outs of the Oregon coast.

hope you find a place that offers a lot of what you want in an easy for all to reach place...

WR
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
Is Pacific City lacking?

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
Pelagic,
please see my reply via PM...
[WR]

anything